Check your doctor's credentials, education and standing with the Texas Medical Board
Behyar Zoghi, MD, PhD, FACP is a Transplant Physician, triple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology. He practices with the Adult Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplant program at Texas Transplant Institute and Methodist Hospital, a member of the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network.
Dr. Zoghi received both MD and PhD from Texas A&M College of Medicine. He subsequently completed his internship and residency at UT Southwestern Medical Center/Parkland Hospital System in Dallas, and completed his hematology/medical oncology fellowship at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Also during his fellowship, Dr. Zoghi conducted very important research focused on microRNA as a new treatment for chemotherapy-resistant breast cancer. He was awarded a patent for this novel therapy in breast cancer, which led to him receiving the Texas Society of Clinical Oncology Award.
His interests include the most recent developments in cancer therapy including immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and CAR-T cell therapy. His holistic approach in cancer therapy was the subject of a cover page article in MD News magazine.
In conjunction with his clinical duties, continual medical education has also been an important passion of Dr. Zoghi. As a Chairman of Graduate Medical Education Committee at Methodist Healthcare System, he has been involved in the quality of education and work environment for fellows and residents in all programs. Dr. Zoghi is also an assistant professor of Medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Dr. Zoghi has won numerous awards such as Texas Super Doctor (2019), Early Career Physician Leader of the Year Award by American College of Physician, Texas Chapter (2019); Arrival Award: Beacon of Light (2019), and one of Top 20 Impact Makers Honorees (2020) just to name a few. He has received the distinguished honor of being named Fellow of American College of Physicians
Texas Rising Stars 2019
Texas Super Doctors 2019
Texas Rising Stars 2018
Medical School: Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine
Graduation Year: 2007
Professional Webpage: https://methodistphysicianpractices.com/physicians/profile/B...
1. Early Career Physican Leader of the Year 2019: BY American College of Physicians Texas Chapter
2. One of Top 20 Impact Makers Award
3. Arrival Award: Beacon of Light
4. Patent Holder for Novel Therapy in Breast Cancer
5. Fellow of American College of Physician
6. Texas Society of Clinical Oncology Fellow Award: one out of 4 recipients in State of Texas
7. Teaching Excellent Award
8. General Internal Medicine Statewide Preceptorship
9. Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas Awardee
American Board of Internal Medicine: internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine: Hematology
American Board of Internal Medicine: Medical Hematology
1. Assistant Professor of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio
2. Chairman of Graduate Medical Education at Methodist Healthcare System.
1. Leukemia and Lymphoma Society presentation
1. Primary Cutaneous Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma of the Upper Limb: Double Hit/Double Expressor with CNS involvement: from Hospice to Remission.Brenda S. Castillo, Maria L. Rodriguez , Ju-Hsien John Chao, and Behyar Zoghi. Case Reports In Hematology, Feb 7, 2019
2.Spontaneous Resolution of Multiple Hyperpigmented Lesions with Platelet Transfusion. Brenda S. Castillo & Behyar Zoghi. International Journal of Clinical & Medical ImagesDecember 10, 2018
3. KD025-208: A Phase 2a Study of KD025 for Patients with Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease (cGVHD) - Pharmacodynamics and Updated Results. M Jagasia,MD,MS, A Salhotra,MD, CR. Bachier,MD, J Essell,MD, DJ. Weisdorf,MD,Behyar Zoghi, MD, PhD. American Society of Hematology, December 3rd , 20182018
1. Endocrine Therapy for Leptomeningeal Metastases from ER-Positive Breast Cancer: Case Report and review of the literatire. Behyar Zoghi M.D., Ph.D. and Richard Elledge M.D.
The Breast Journal, Jan 2016
2. Treatment of Acquired Von-Willebrand Syndrome and Prevention of Bleeding Post Autologous Stem Cell Transplant During Severe Pancytopenia with IVIG. Behyar Zoghi, M.D., Ph.D., Paul Shaughnessy M.D, Roger M. Lyons M.D., Richard Helmer III M.D., Carlos Bachier M.D., & . Frederick LeMaistre M.D.
Case Reports in Hematology; March 2015
3. Interleukin-2 and Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor for Relapse After Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation. Behyar Zoghi, Paul J. Shaughnessy, Cesar De Las Casas, Ka Wah Chan, Veronica H Jude, Robert Sanders, Ashley Simpson, Jill MacPherson, Lisa McDonald, Julie Luke, Carlos Bachier.
Biology of blood and marrow transplant, Feb 12, 2013
4. Genomic loss of tumor suppressor miRNA-204 promotes cancer cell migration and invasion by activating AKT/mTOR/Rac1 signaling and actin reorganization. mam JS, Plyler JR, Bansal H, Prajapati S, Bansal S, Rebeles J, Harry Chen HI, Chang YF, Panneerdoss S, Zoghi B, Buddavarapu KC, Broaddus R, Hornsby P, Tomlinson G, Dome J, Vadlamudi RK, Pertsemlidis A, Chen Y, Rao MK2012.
PLoS One. 2012; 7
5. Improving the efficacy of chemotherapy drugs for the treatment of triple-negative breast cancers. Behyar Zoghi and Peter Ravdin.
Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2012: 107
6. Functional and molecular evidence for adenosine A2a receptors in the coronary microcirculation. 2001. Hein, T.W., Wang, W., Zoghi, B., Mutachami, M., Kuo, L..
Journal of Molecular Cardiology, 33, 271-282.
7. The involvement of tyrosine kinase, cyclic AMP/protein kinase A, and p38 mitogen-activated kinase in IL-13-mediated arginase I induction in macrophage. Chung-I, C., Zoghi, B., Liao, J., Kuo, L. 2000. .
Journal of Immunology, 165: 2134-2141
Front Cover with Personal Interview in MD NEWS MAGAZINE October 2017 Regarding the Role of Holistic Medicine: Art, Music and Spirituality in the Treatment of Cancer Patients, on which I am doing clinical Research
Front Cover of MD NEWS MAGAZINE June 2017 featuring Methodist Hospital’s Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplant Program: Nationally Recognized Care for Adult and Pediatric Patients
New Hope for Taming Triple Negative Breast Cancer in Science Daily Newsletter (October 2nd, 2012)
HeartsNeedArt: A Holistic Approach to Cancer Therapy. Behyar Zoghi MD, PhD, FACP and Constanza Aileen Roder. November 6th, 2017: thrive Global
In Order to Achieve a Jeffersonian Nation, You Have to Adopt Hamiltonian Means: in Pursuit of Spirituality,Health & Happiness. ThriveGlobal Dec 21, 2017
Hematology- Medical Oncology
M.D., Ph.D., Medicine
University of Texas Health San Antonio- Cancer Center
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
Mail code 8221
San Antonio, TX 78229
1. Endocrine Therapy for Leptomeningeal Metastases from ER-Positive Breast Cancer: Case Report and review of the literatire. The Breast Journal, Jan 2016
2. Treatment of Acquired Von-Willebrand Syndrome and Prevention of Bleeding Post Autologous Stem Cell Transplant During Severe Pancytopenia with IVIG. Case Reports in Hematology; March 2015
Super Doctors identifies top doctors as selected by their peers and the independent research of MSP Communications.
Super Doctors is published online and also in print as a special advertising section in leading newspapers and city and regional magazines.